Start of the School Year FAQ's
When does the office open for the school year?
- The office will be open from 8-4 starting on August 26th.
What are demographics and why are they important?
- Every year our division office sends out demographic forms just before school starts. It is all the information pertaining to each student. It is very important that this is filled out correctly and as soon as you get it. You will be unable to fill this form out on your mobile device, if you need access to a computer, please call the office and we will set up a time for you to come in and fill out the forms.
- If your information changes at any point during the year, please contact the office and we will reissue the forms for you to change.
I have questions about bussing, who do I call?
- Please call transportation at 1-800-266-9573. Transportation will re-open on Tuesday, August 10th for registration and other information.
What is the first day of school?
- Students in Grades 1-4 will start on Wednesday, September 1st. Kindergarten students will follow a staggered entry, the information was mailed out at the end of June. If you did not receive this information, please call the office on August 26th.
What time does school start?
- Click here to see our bell schedule.
When can I drop my kids off at school?
- Our supervisors are not outside until 8:20, we ask that students arrive after this time.
Where can I park?
- Click here to see information about pick up, drop off and parking.
Please click here to read the CESD 2021-2022 school year plan.
Report an Absence
My child is going to be absent today, what do I do?
In order to help keep our children safe, we ask that parents call into our 24 hour Call Safe line to leave a message advising the school of your child's absence. We appreciate communication with the teacher, but please call the office as well.
If we have completed attendance and your child is marked absent, a reminder call will be made notifying parents that your child is not at the school.
Please Call 403-227-3292
PowerSchool SIS is our Student Information System. Each student has their own account and it follows them throughout their school career. Within this system you can find out information on attendance, account preferences. Also found in PowerSchool is SchoolEngage. At the beginning of the school year, you will get an email to go into SchoolEngage to fill out a form for School Demographics. This will update all your information to ensure we have the most up to date data on file. This is a yearly requirement from Alberta Education.
*Please note that if you have to make changes within the school year, and you have submitted your forms already you will need to contact the school to regain access and update your information.
**You will be unable to do any of these forms on a cellular device. If you do not have access to a computer, we have one available at the office for use. Forms generally take about 5 minutes per student.
Online Fee Payment
Payments for fees can be made on our online payment system. Parents must set up their own accounts, and can add multiple students.
Please note that setting up a PowerSchool account is not the same as a payment account. You do need to do both. If you are unsure if you have a payment account set up, please call the office for assistance.
- Click here to access the sign in page.
- First time users must hit "create account" and fill in the necessary fields.
- You will need your students 9 digit ASN number. This number can be found on your PowerSchool account, on report cards, or you can contact the office.
- Once you have added your students you can see all fees associated with each student by switching between name tabs at the top of the page.
Please ensure that you review items in your cart before processing payment.